Traveling Project Superintendent
Join Us to Build a Great Company with Great People with Unlimited Opportunities!
FCP Services is obsessed with always searching for the best in people, processes, priorities, and client elation. We believe that Good People who are honest and trustworthy will help us grow, innovate and transform our industry. At FCP Services you will find leadership, and all members of the FCP family, who put Employees First, we believe that when we put our employees first we show that everyone matters and the result is a happy, energized workforce that serves our clients well, every time and in every situation. At FCP Services you will join a group of employees who are Willing to Tackle Challenges and see challenges as the opportunity to problem solve and innovate. At the heart of our service our employees show Integrity by doing what’s right and Desire for Quality, Care in owning their work.
This position will be responsible for a variety of project scopes including remodels, and restorations within the hotel and hospitality space.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Oversee and manage startup, onsite operations and closeout for a range of hotel remodel and restoration projects.
- Responsible for oversight of safety on the jobsite for all parties.
- Ensure compliance of all work with specifications, quality control, required testing, etc.
- Solicit quotes, qualify subcontractors on multiple projects, and schedule subcontractors by need and location.
- Work with onsite client representatives in a professional and personable manner.
- Coordinate material procurement and delivery.
- Cost tracking and budget review to ensure projects are completed within or under budget.
Nature & Scope:
- 100% travel for extended periods of time.
- Position will require night shift work at times.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to accurately interpret project plans and specifications.
- Knowledge and experience with local codes and permitting.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Strong organizational skills – computer literacy a must.
- Attention to detail – spelling, quote review, document preparation, naming and filing.
- Positive thinking and attitude.
- Adaptability and willingness to change with our clients, our model and our people.
- Must be motivated and dependable.
- 4+ years working on large scale hotel renovations and restoration projects as a superintendent.
- The ability to travel and be away from home for a significant period of time.
- A strong communicator who views daily matters as challenges, not problems.