Join Us to Build a Great Company with Great People with Unlimited Opportunities
FCP Services is obsessed with searching for the best in people, processes, priorities, and client elation. FCP Services is driven by our Core Values of people, drive, and growth. These core values define how we work together to serve our purpose. Together they establish a set of unchanging standards embodied by our work and our relationships. They allow us to be genuine and fair in our decisions, to build deeper relationships with our clients, and to maintain an inclusive, flexible work environment. They are what we stand for as a company, and they guide us daily as we navigate the many issues and opportunities before us.
Position is responsible for all financial and fiscal management aspects of company operations. This position provides leadership, management, and accountability in all the administration, financial reporting, accounting, and budgeting across all segments of FCP Services. The Senior Controller leads, manages, develops, and evaluates all personnel within the finance and business operations shared service.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts, and vendor invoices.
- Responsible for all work related to general ledger and WIP, monthly P&Ls, and all associated schedules generated monthly which include, AP & AR, job costing, etc.
- Prepare, provide analysis, and approve all financial statements in a timely manner. These include, but are not limited to, the income statement, balance sheets, and statements of cash flow.
- Manage cost accounting process and system and the cost accumulation of work-in-progress.
- Lead internal gross margin analysis and review; lead margin risk assessment with operations team.
- All AP/AR functions which included but is not limited to all preparation of invoices, and AIA forms, and all check preparation for AP.
- Oversite, and preparation of annual audits which include, but is not limited to; insurance audits, and associated bank and tax audits.
- All work related to preparation of corporate taxes with outside accounting and tax firms. All oversight with IRS, and associated government agencies as may be required.
- Direct responsibility for all relationships with subcontract review and terms and conditions for AR.
- Review and approve all contracts for construction related contracts direct for clients and with subcontractors.
- Provide guidance and expertise for advice to ownership and leadership team for future expansion and growth strategies.
- Manage company cashflow, including reports and management of company credit line in conjunction with ownership and leadership team.
- Coordinate and facilitate the annual budget planning process, and the implementation of budgets, including month-to-month budget to actual reporting.
- Ensure appropriate internal control functions are in place and monitor the use of funds.
- Oversee all business insurance banking, administration, and audits.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements, while anticipating future legislation; enforces adherence to requirements, assists in filing required financial reports and advises on any needed actions.
Nature & Scope:
- This position has the following direct reports: Sr. Accounting Specialist & Business Operations Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Strong general ledger, AP/AR knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to meet or exceed deadlines with accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize workload to produce desired results.
- Self-motivated finance leader that provides strategic financial insight, business guidance for executive leadership team.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to be a proactive problem-solver through issue identification and implementation of solutions.
- Managing Self
- Relating to People
- Managing Work
- Thinking & Deciding
- Leading People
- People – We believe in providing a great work environment that puts people first. We are determined to treat all members of our team with respect and dignity, even when we may disagree.
- Drive – We believe performance excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- Growth – We believe in continual improvement – personal and professional – and we’re secure enough to acknowledge that there’s always room for improvement. We seek knowledge and have a thirst to learn more. We keep getting better at what we do.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field required. MBA preferred.
- CPA and/or CMA certification preferred.
- 10+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience with a general contractor in construction industry required.
- 5+ years’ experience as a controller within a general contractor in the construction industry required.
- 5+ years of people management experience and building a high-performance accounting and finance team.
- Proficient with Microsoft programs, particularly Outlook and Excel.
- Proficient using QuickBooks and Procore software.