Project Manager, Retail Construction
Join Us to Build a Great Company with Great People with Unlimited Opportunities
FCP Services is obsessed with searching for the best in people, processes, priorities, and client elation. FCP Services is driven by our Core Values of People, Drive, and Growth. These core values define how we work together to serve our purpose. Together they establish a set of unchanging standards embodied by our work and our relationships. They allow us to be genuine and fair in our decisions, to build deeper relationships with our clients, and to maintain an inclusive, flexible work environment. They are what we stand for as a company, and they guide us daily as we navigate the many issues and opportunities before us.
The Project Manager, Retail Construction will have full responsibility for general contracted retail projects. This person will be responsible for estimating and managing projects. This will include both interior and exterior remodel and renovation work with a focus on high quality, profitable management of projects under their oversight.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Take full ownership for each project from proposal stage through completion.
- Prepare bids for remodel and construction project within specified vertical markets.
- Pursue bids actively until they are awarded. You will attend pre-bid site visits and create a project schedule prior to bid day.
- Ensure that your projects meet the schedule, FCP Services quality standards, and standard operating procedures.
- Track submittals, create RFI’s, find and secure subcontractors.
- Manage change orders, and run weekly progress meetings.
- Initiate, develop, and maintain business relationships and work on expanding FCP’s customer base.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, vendors, subcontractors, and internal customers.
- Submit billings on time and review them with the client as needed.
- Provide monthly profit/cost projections and wrap up loose issues quickly.
Nature & Scope:
- This position requires travel to and from project sites regularly to ensure high-quality, on time and on budget project completions (estimate 30%+ travel).
- No direct responsibility for supervising FCP Services team members; however will provide clear work direction for site supervisors and/or subcontractors.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit who will act in accordance with FCP Services core values.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong strategic thinker as well as ability to complete the tactical work.
- Strong understanding of current construction market, skilled trades, and labor/material unit pricing.
- Flexible, trainable, and a can-do, figure it out attitude.
- People – We believe in providing a great work environment that puts people first. We are determined to treat all members of our team with respect and dignity, even when we may disagree.
- Drive – We believe performance excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- Growth – We believe in continual improvement – personal and professional – and we’re secure enough to acknowledge that there’s always room for improvement. We seek knowledge and have a thirst to learn more. We keep getting better at what we do.
- Six+ years as a Project Manager in general contracting construction and remodeling, renovation work in the retail or general contracting space.
- Ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and Outlook.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.