Estimator/Assistant Project Manager
Join Us to Build a Great Company with Great People with Unlimited Opportunities
FCP Services is obsessed with searching for the best in people, processes, priorities, and client elation. FCP Services is driven by our Core Values of people, drive, and growth. These core values define how we work together to serve our purpose. Together they establish a set of unchanging standards embodied by our work and our relationships. They allow us to be genuine and fair in our decisions, to build deeper relationships with our clients, and to maintain an inclusive, flexible work environment. They are what we stand for as a company, and they guide us daily as we navigate the many issues and opportunities before us.
This position prepares estimates for projects by gathering information and analyzing important metrics to provide knowledge of cost and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
Major Opportunities & Key Accountabilities:
- Review proposal specifications and drawings and lead pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Proficiently prepare estimates by accurately calculating various data points. Examples include: take-offs, material prices, labor costs per man-hour and equipment costs and applying to complete scope of work to meet profitability goals.
- Review/research historical data (purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity reports, etc.) and compile summary reports to develop guidelines and precedence for future estimates.
- Incorporate historical data into unit and man-hour figures.
- Actively participate in developing bid package estimate documents.
- Proficiently maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales information, price lists, etc.
- Perform risk analysis
- Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Create, send and manage subcontractor requests for proposal.
- Follow awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procurement of materials, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nature & Scope:
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Exceptional understanding of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing.
- Familiarity with financial and project management principles.
- Excellent math ability with an analytical mindset.
- Proficient in relevant software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities.
- Thoroughness and reliability.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- People – We believe in providing a great work environment that puts people first. We are determined to treat all members of our team with respect and dignity, even when we may disagree.
- Drive – We believe performance excellence will drive the results that differentiate us from our competitors.
- Growth – We believe in continual improvement – personal and professional – and we’re secure enough to acknowledge that there’s always room for improvement. We seek knowledge and have a thirst to learn more. We keep getting better at what we do.
- Bachelor degree in engineering, construction science or related field required.
- 5+ years of related estimator, project manager, or related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas.
- 5+ years of reading and analyzing and responding to engineering drawings, technical plans, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Significant amount of knowledge of fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations and calculate mathematical extensions.
- Good working knowledge of geometric formulas and equations to calculate area, volume, etc. in performing take-offs.
- 5+ years of defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing logical conclusions for estimating bids.